Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two posts in one week!?

I know, I know. I never post twice a month let a lone twice in one week....but I'm trying to get better! :) Plus, I've been super bored at work lately.


Just a quick update. I've started several new things lately that I'm very excited about.

You know that I've started going back to school. This has definitely been a new experience. First of all, it's community college and I'm just in the pre-reqs so I'm in class with a myriad of people. Most of us are older... of course I'm getting this information from reading assignments because it's a class that is entirely online. Anyway, some of these people are stupid. I'm sorry...but they just are. The class is REALLY easy. It's Law and Ethics in Healthcare which honestly makes me roll my eyes. The assignments are easy, there's just a lot of them. But these people can't follow simple directions. Our prof clearly states that for one of our weekly assignments we have to write a 4 - 10 sentence summary of an article we find. Well, some of these people post 2 sentence summaries...hmmm. How can you summarize a 2 page article in two sentences? Anyway, I guess it's just a totally different world from my classmates at Baylor.



Something you might not know is that I've started taking a dance class again! Wohoo!!! For those of you that know me, you know that dance used to be my life and my one and only love. Well, I haven't taken a class in 5 years...that's right 5 years. I've missed it. So I went back to my old studio, which has been remodeled and makes me sad, but I'm getting over it. The only adult class they're offering this year is beginning tap. Well, not to sound arrogant, but even after 5 years I don't think I'd need to start over (in tap at least). So, for some stupid reason I decided to take the highest level of ballet they offer. Haha. My old teacher, who hasn't taught a real class in 4ish years because she went back to school is teaching it! I had my first class last week. I'm in a class with 14 year-olds. Are you kidding me?! Not to mention that they're ALL tall and SUPER thin, they're good (not as good as we were at that age though. I'm not biased :)). They are really nice though and didn't point and laugh. I don't think I was horrible, but I did get really frustrated because my mind remembered how to do it all, but my body was like "what the hell do you think you're trying to do?" I remember getting really frustrated because I was getting dizzy after doing two turns. Two turns? Things that used to come so naturally I'm now having to really concentrate on. Anyway, hopefully I'll get better as the weeks progress. I hope so because it hurt to walk for three days after that class.

Here's an old pic courtesy of Sara Sparrow. Senior year Drill Team Officer Camp. (If I find more pics that are digital I'll post them later).




I've also started volunteering at our church. I'm working on the welcome team and helping parents check-in their children before the service starts. I've only done it twice, but it's fun and I really like being a part of the church. Ellory and I have been going there for over a year now and still don't know very many people there so it's nice to know some names and faces in our church home.


Anyway, there's some of what's going on in life right now. I'm having lunch with Jen Bush Saturday and hopefully meeting her and Elizabeth early next week as well. I'm so blessed by her friendship and am SO excited that they're in town. I'll post pics next week.
Also, please pray for Jen and Ryan McCrady. They are going through some stressful times right now and need prayer. Thanks!

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

SO cool about starting dance again! I don't know if my body would let me but I'd love to go back...

THANK YOU for praying for us :)

Two Bushes and Two Shrubs said...

I miss u already! p.s. cute pic of you as a little dancer! :)

Karen said...

I like the idea of an october post, how about you?! :)

Justin and Anna said...

So I see the idea of an October post didn't fly, but how about one in November? I would love you hear how school is going! I will be home Nov 24-28th, so we def need to get together!!! xoxo