Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update

Sorry that it's been so long since a post. Things have been kinda crazy.

Since I last posted a few exciting things have happened. I guess it was two Saturday's ago now I went to Jen Bush's baby shower. It was so cute and exciting! Jen is one of my first friends to have a baby and it's really weird. It just seems like life is happening so quickly..not just for me, but for my friends too. Jen and Stephen are going to be amazing parents! They are both such caring and nurturing people. Elizabeth is a lucky baby!! Unfortunately, they are moving in a month and this makes me very sad. Jen is one of my favorite people. Most of you probably know this, but we taught together at A.J. Moore and I couldn't have made it without her. She is so encouraging and uplifting, and no matter how down I'm feeling about myself, she always has a way to lift me up. Anyway, here are some pics from the shower!

Opening presents!!! Notice all the cute pink decorations!!!

The mother-to-be and me

Classic pic. Except we're on the wrong sides Jen!!! What were we thinking?!

My Mom and Me

So...to continue with the update. The day after the shower Ellory and I went to church with his mom like usual then she decided to take us to lunch and a movie. Well...after lunch at Lubys (don't judge...it's good) we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. The movie was okay, but Ellory's mom decided we needed to turn our one matinée into a double-feature. She says that as long as it's against Hollywood she's all for it. :) For those of you who aren't aware, a double-feature means you pay for one movie but you see two. Well, our double-feature turned into a triple-feature. Go figure. Ellory and I have never done this and the one time we do, it's because his mom suggested it!! It was great. We also saw Maid of Honor and Iron Man. I'd say Iron Man was probably the best of the three.

Memorial day was great. Ellory and I just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.

This coming weekend should be interesting. We're going to Houston for a wedding then Ellory is leaving for Spain on Sunday. :( I'll be posting early next week to let you know how the weekend goes.

Hope your day is blessed!!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

i KNEW there was something fishy about that picture! :)